The Future of Coaching
The relationship between the coach and the student/player will become more reliant upon facilitating learning rather than teaching. Shifting the flow of information from the coach to the player is not only an act of courage for the coach it is an act of trust and faith, from which supreme self-confidence emerges. A Coach will become a trusted advisor, a protagonist for Active Learning, Self-Discovery, Self-Coaching.
- What is your Coaching/teaching philosophy? Core Values!
- Using technology beyond data collection to develop awareness.
- Coaching methods to develop internal feedback.
- Developing a Championship Culture.
- Understanding a Coaches World: Coordinating instruction, mental game, conditioning, technology, performance, equipment.
- Developing Coach/Player relationships, which build Self-Efficacy and Self-Confidence.
What we can learn from sport team coaches for
organization of practice and competition preparation.
Measuring the Inner Game through self-evaluation.
What a coach can learn from Motor Learning research.
Preparing your players for Novel Situations: sorting through irrelevant and relevant information.
Dr. Glen Albaugh: Through numerous workshops, presentations and his highly acclaimed book, Winning The Battle Within, has been a mental game leader: “How to take your players to highest-level of performance through Self-Discovery and Self-Coaching.”